Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Family History

Well it been a crazy morning already. For those that don't know I am the Activity Day Leader in our Ward. So, every other Tuesday, I have 16 eight and nine years at my house. Today we are making journals. I will post a picture later. It has been a blessing to have this calling. Since, I work on Sundays, it has been difficult to feel a part of the ward. This has given me that opportunity, and for that I am grateful.



Thinking about journals always remind me of my ancestors. For what ever reason I have always been drawn to learning more about all mine. I wish I had more journals or stories about them to read and really know who they were. Today I asked my mom to send me some old pictures to share with the girls and I thought it would be fun to post some of them.

Hopefully, I can inspire some of them to love family history. Just in case anyone wants to get involved. It is really easy to start indexing names. I started about a year ago and it's an amazing way to help others find there families.


The picture above is my Great Grandmother Mary Ann. This was taken in 1900.
The picture below is of my Grandfather Jake Henningson.

No comments:

Post a Comment