Saturday, August 28, 2010

Recovery Day 2

Rob had a great day today. He had many milestones. He still can only have ice chips. No food or liquid. Hopefully he might be on a clear liquid diet tomorrow. They removed the catheter, that was a huge relief. I coaxed him to let me give him a sponge bath. He has been getting out of bed more often and has done about eight or nine laps around this floor of the hospital. He had been using a walker. But on the last lap he decided to show off and went around without the walker. I can't believe the steady progress that he has made. He has a very postive outlook and that definitely helps with his healing. Everytime they tell him one more thing that will help he quickly does it.

He is keeping everyone laughing with all his jokes. I love him so much. It's crazy that just when I think I couldn't love him anymore than I already do, I do. He is my best friend and it has been so hard to see him in so much pain. He has been such a source of strength even during his worse pain.

We feel very blessed for the progress he is making. Thanks again for all the prayers and thoughts on his behalf.

Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment